Why ESET's NOD32 ?
Technology, not brand names, stops malware!
Industry tests and data to show the differences in detection,
size and speed of NOD32's top competitors.
Compare the data against Symantec, McAfee and Trend. Find out
why NOD32 is the
Best Detection of Known and Evolving Threats
- Approximately 88% of threats are proactively detected using
ThreatSense heuristics. For example, all variants of MyDoom,
Netsky, Bagle and Mytob were detected heuristically - before
most other vendors even had a signature.
Compare to Symantec, McAfee, Trend, and Kaspersky.
- The leader in Advanced + awards from
- In-the-Wild Virus Detection - ESET is the record holder of
35 VB100% awards collected over the last 7 years. These tests
validate the products ability to detect known malware. (source:
- NOD32 has missed fewer In-the-Wild viruses than any other
vendor in Virus Bulletin testing, as shown below.
With NOD32, it's not necessary to sacrifice speed for detection.
Scanning and update processes happen behind the scenes without a
perceptible decrease in performance.
- 19MB/sec scanning rate under Windows 2003
- Three to 34 times faster than the leading brands under
- Keep employees productive by minimizing the impact on their
Minimal Resource Utilization
NOD32 conserves resources on disk and in memory, leaving more
room for critical applications. It is compact enough to run on
modest systems, saving valuable memory without compromising
performance or functionality, yet powerful enough to slam the door
on malware intrusions.
- Utilizes approximately 22MB of RAM, one of the smallest
packages in the industry
- Low RAM usage and intelligent caching reduces disk access
and memory paging
- Low 4% performance overhead (source: Canon/ESET testing,